Thursday, April 11, 2013

Lego to open factory in China + 70014 Picture + New search box @ Lego Spy!

Lego Factory
A while ago Lego announced that they would be opening a factory in China. I didn't really post information on it here because there wasn't really much information. But today (4/11/2013) I stumbled upon an article at a website called The Wall Street Journal (I won't bother posting a link here because you have to pay. So stupid.) with an article on this subject. Just take my word for what I'm saying here because unless you have signed up for TWSJ you will have to believe what I say. Jørgen Vig Knudstorp, CEO of Lego, stated that the factory in China, "will not be producing products for North America and Europe" and that the profits they have had in Asia have been going up by about 50% annually and that's why they have decided to establish the factory there. I feel... Relieved I suppose that the products won't be shipped to North America and Europe but instead will be continued to be produced in Lego's previous factories.


70014 The Croc Swamp Hideout (The Legends of Chima
Now we have a new image for 70014 The Croc Swamp Hideout. As far as I can tell, the set is an over sized  crocodile ready to swallow you whole! Not exactly but that's what most of the set is, a large crocodile head, in a swamp, apparently a hideout. As you can probably tell from that, I'm not crazy about The Legends of Chima but I see how it would appeal to a fan of the theme. Pictures: -Eurobricks- -Brickset-

This is the Lego Spy, out.

PLUS! Check out the new search box to find an article you're looking for! (It should be on the left side of this page)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, please.
Commenting is for those logged into their Google accounts ONLY.