Thursday, January 31, 2013

German Toy Fair - Galaxy Squad

Hip, hip, hooray for my fiftieth post! The German Toy Fair has uncovered several great new upcoming 2013 Galaxy Squad, Castle, City, and Coast Guard (probably sub theme of city)! This is covering Galaxy Squad, tomorrow (or today) I'll get to rest of this extensive announcement. Now let's begin! There are two new sets for Galaxy Squad today: 70708 Hive Crawler and 70709 Galactic Titan. Now, I'm at a loss for words for these two sets..... They're way too amazing to use one word to describe with! First I'll start with what might be the coolest bug they've had so far: the scorpion. It's similar in design to the Indiana Jones ant, it looks amazing! I think all the new Galaxy Squad sets will include at least one (I think, don't take my word for it!).
UPDATE: Like I said above, there were no guarantees, the larva will only be included in: 70708 and 70709. Also view the update on the scorpions larva here.

Now for 70708 Hive Crawler: just right off this set is by far the best bug vehicle yet. It has some great, rare pieces and such a great design! And wait, could those be... Printed pieces! I mean seriously Lego you need to have more printed pieces! I think the pieces towards the back might be printed, and the cockpits are definitely printed. Estimated price USD: $59.99 - $69.99 :-(


Finally 70709 Galactic Titan: Gosh! How long is this Ultra Sonic Raider (click here for installment two) theme going to go on? I mean come on the crawler with treads thing is getting a little old. Even so, this set is far superior to the other two LTTVs (Large Tread Terrain Vehicle :-P). I love the way the blue team's color fits so well with the vehicles. But the best part of this set is obviously the gunship, it's detail and design are outstanding (thank you whoever designed this set!). But no thank you to the people who price things! No! The estimated price for this is $99.99 - $109.99! No way, I'm not seeing that I think there must be a mistake because there is no way that should be $100+, what I'm guessing is that maybe there are more components to this set we can't see. Hmmm... Well thanks for reading, and I hope you are as excited as me about these new sets we'll be seeing this fall! This is the Lego Spy, out. LS (Lego Spy) News Update: Starting February 3rd 2013 I will start posting an Old Set Review the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month, so stay tuned to Lego Spy next week! Also feel free to enter the poll on the right side of this page!
(click to view larger)












No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, please.
Commenting is for those logged into their Google accounts ONLY.